George Washington once owned Little Hunting Creek and all of the surrounding land.
LITTLE HUNTING CREEK FARM
Thomas Francis Mason was the first person to build major structures at Little Hunting Creek. He named the house and farm Huntley. The Huntley house is constructed of brick and is typical of early 19th century architecture. After Thomas Francis Mason died in 1838, his wife remained at Huntley. In 1850, 21 years later, she gave the land to her two sons.
One month after the Mason boys had received the land, they were forced to put it in trust due to a $13,000 debt to Dr. Benjamin King, a relative and close friend of the family. King moved into Huntley and lived there for about nine years. He sold it to Albert W. Harrison and Nathan W. Pierson in 1868.
Later that same year, Pierson and Harrison divided the Huntley tract. Harrison took over the house and outbuildings while the Piersons built a new home on their portion of the land. When Harrison died in 1911 he left his land to three unmarried children. Albert R. Harrison, who lived the longest of the three, died in 1946. His executors sold Huntley to August W. and Eleanor S. Nagel. The Nagels stayed less than three years before selling Huntley to Mr. Ranson General Amlong.